Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 1 EOC: My customer service experiece

Week 1 EOC: My customer service experience


A few years back I had run into a problem with my car which happens often to many people. Like anyone else I decided that I was going to go ahead and fix this problem myself. After 30 minutes of diagnosing the problem I was troubled to discover that the hose on my radiator had become old and worn out and it would need to be replaced so I did what anyone would do and headed straight to Google to find a replacement part. After a few minutes I found the exact part that I needed and proceeded to the stores website to make my purchase.

After about a week of waiting I finally received the replacement hose that I needed and went out to the garage to swap it out with the old part. Low and behold I was distraught to find out that the piece that I had ordered was the incorrect size so I called the store that I had purchased it from.

I spoke to a sales representative about the part and explained that I had waited a week and really needed the correct part so that I could my car up and running again. With very little to no hesitation the person on the line sent out the correct part and said that they would overnight ship it for free and I should receive the correct part by the end of the next day. They also said that there was no need to pay for return shipping for the incorrect part and that I could just simply keep it or give it to someone else if I wanted to. I was very pleased and satisfied, but the great customer service did not end there.

The next afternoon when I got the correct part overnight shipped to me they sent me two new hoses and a letter was included saying that they were giving me a second part for free for the mess up. There was also a voucher included for 10% off on my next purchase which was also included because of the initial goof up.

Needless to say that I continued purchasing all of my future automotive parts from this retailer because of their genuine care for their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment